Monday, March 5, 2012

Why, For the Love of Pete, WHY?????

Ok, I realize I blog about once every solar cycle and I also realize that I don't play Warhammer 40k (or any GW game for that matter) but I do enjoy the Black Library's offerings. That said, can someone smarter than me please help me understand why the BL would send me an email telling me to "Fill my screen with visions of war" and then charging $2.50 per desktop wallpaper?

W

T

F

?

To borrow a brilliant exchange from the great movie, Blades of Glory...

Chazz: Mind-bottling, isn't it?
Jimmy: Did you just say mind-bottling?
Chazz: Yeah, mind-bottling. You know, when things are so crazy it gets your thoughts all trapped, like in a bottle?

2 comments:

  1. Why do they do it? the offchance of getting the $2.50 for something that is worth...? what is a screensaver worth in actual material terms?
    $0.00000025?? or perhaps not even that much :-D
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because someone will pay that. This is GW. Someone was talking about the price per ounce of their glue was as expensive as one of the chenelle(sp) perfumes.

    ReplyDelete