Friday, February 6, 2009

Change is Good.

I’m nervous. I’m nervous about beginning my army with Reznik. He is still my ‘caster of choice but the more I read, the more I come to believe that I need to learn to walk before I run. Reznik is a runner. Playing him properly requires a certain amount of understanding and insight that I simply don’t possess. Not yet anyway. Don’t get me wrong, I am all about the “baptism by fire” but in this case, I wonder if I might not just come away a burnt piece of gristle as opposed to someone who loves playing the game. Frustration is an insidious bastard.

To that end, I am beginning to consider an alternate starting point. No decision has been made and I may still just jump in with both feet and take Reznik for a stroll. It’s just that I have Kreoss, Severius, and Feora as well. I’ve heard that Kreoss in particular is a good warcaster for beginners to learn with. That being the case, maybe I should just buy the battle box. Granted, that would give me an extra Kreoss, which I would gladly donate to a worthy cause, but it would also give me a second Repenter, my Revenger, and a Crusader and let’s face it, the Crusader can bring the pain. J. I even bought a Devout a couple of nights ago so I have options. A second an even more important factor is that the battle box would allow me to start playing the game immediately and I think that is more important right now. A third factor is that I am all about the instant gratification. Why wait for something when you can have something else, RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?

I think it just boils down to me wanting to write some battle reports of my own. I read all the other fantastic reports that get posted and it makes me want to get out there. Even the losses make me hungry to play. I already know that I will lose nearly every game I play to begin with and yet I just want to get it going! In fact, writing about it this way has made me decide to go ahead and get the battle box. I’ll have the whole thing assembled this weekend hopefully and ready to get in as many games as I can at Warmachine/Hordes night next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment