Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Outcast Dead

The Outcast DeadThe Outcast Dead by Graham McNeill

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Another great look into the Heresy. The secret carried by Zulane wasn't really a secret to the reader but it definitely was to the characters around him.



Edit: I've reconsidered my review and have chosen to give The Outcast Dead 5 stars. The reason? The last 19 pages of the book. I've reread them 4 or 5 times now and I finally realized that the story told was never about the secret. It was about consequences of that secret being revealed to the galaxy.



A Thousand Sons was a tragedy to it's very core but The Outcast Dead, while draped in tragedy, had the taste of victory to it. After all, "sometimes the only victory possible is to keep your opponent from winning."



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment